My Little Diary

1st May, 2011: Ya Allah, I wish........ (I cannot type it here) Ya Allah, I hope........ (It's something personal) Ya Allah, I want...... (I'm too shy to share it all with you). This is just my little diary. My big, full volume diary can only be accessed by The Creator.

Recent Posts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

High IQ Societies; An Introduction

It was an accidental discovery.

It was linked to my declining health. When I first started to realize that my academic achievement was declining together with my sport performance, I didn't know it will get that far.

I blamed my bad sides, thinking that I was just being too lazy, having too much fun, ignoring the real important things. I blamed my own bad self.

You're lazy, Nisa.

You're playing too much.

You're not paying much attention in class.

You're not giving enough focus like you used to.

You're straying.

You're influenced by those not-so-good students.

And then, I finished school with not so good result. Later, I spent one year in matriculation. I just don't know why, I felt better and I also study better (but still, not as good as I used to) within that one year period. I managed to enroll myself into an engineering course in a local university. That was where things got escalated.

Almost everything was a disaster. I've started to question my own ability.

Maybe I'm just not as good as I used to think I was. Maybe I was just doing well for secondary school level. I'm a student who cannot go beyond that. A degree, especially in engineering course, is just too much for me.

I keep on thinking negatively about myself. From such a positive type of person, I became so negative.

I doubt my own ability, questioning its limit. Sometimes, I would go entertain myself at the internet cafe. Surfing nothing much in mind. Every now and then, a question lurked into my mind.

What kind of person I am? Am I so lazy up to the extent that I cannot control myself?

Online tests and quizzes were growing everywhere in the sites. I believed they were not standardized tests but I did them anyway. They were, in a way, counter-striking my internal thoughts. I got positive results from almost all tests, leading me to more and more online tests. These positive results acted as a positive reinforcement which made me keep on coming for more. They helped me felt better about myself after years of living with critics around me. The worst critic was myself.

I knew they were just free online tests. People will never take it as a basis to judge me. People will always look at my academic result and my co-curricular performance. Those were the so-called valid scales to measure and judge how successful a person is.

But I did those online tests anyhow for my own personal satisfaction. From personality tests to IQ tests.

Until one day, I found out that there were societies around the world which membership is opened only to those with IQ score above the average. I thought it was funny and boastful, at first.

In our Eastern culture, to announce publicly that you're such an intelligent person like that is considered as rude. Here, when you get remarkably high marks, you're supposed to humbly deny that you're such a smart student. Blushing sometimes can help you look better (look more humble) but sometimes, it could serve as a contradiction to what your lips are saying (it makes you sound like a liar).

Back to our funny, high IQ societies.

I explored more about these queer societies. What are these societies for? What are they doing? Who are they?

Day by day, I got to know more about them.

There are a number of high IQ societies around the globe but the oldest, largest and best-known high IQ society in the world is Mensa International, which was founded by Roland Berrill and Dr. Lancelot Ware in 1946. The other high IQ society which attract another major part of my attention is International High IQ Society.

In between 2003-2010, I did the online admission IQ test provided by International High IQ Society several times. They accepted online testing and offered membership to those who demonstrated IQ in the top five percent of the population. In other words, if you're among the top five smartest brains for every 100 people in this world, International High IQ Society welcome you into their family (provided you pay the fee, dear).

As for Mensa, they offer online workout but require supervised testing before you can join them. It means, you need to contact your local Mensa group and apply to sit for a formal, supervised testing. Admission into Mensa is generally harder compared with International High IQ Society as they only accept admission for those who are within the top 2% of the population.

Despite my first impression upon these queer societies, ironically, I'm now thinking of joining them.

Not for the purpose of showing off but due to the need for me to convince people of what my real abilities are. I'm not sure I will be able to finish my current psychology course or not. I wish I can but I always need a backup plan.

Membership of this high IQ society serve me a survival purpose rather than a show off. I just want to lead a happy, blessed life. But not the material way.

If you're still dreaming of those glamourous life on top of the world, I wish you a safe journey.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell is not QUEER in this world!

Everywhere you look, QUEER!

The straight have to suffer the Queers

bad choices and decisions. **cked up, man!

Post a Comment

I know you are thinking of something. It's ok...write up your mind here. Go anonymous if you like.

I Love Your Country's Flag Very Much...I Really Do!

free counters